The Make in India initiative is a flagship program by the Government of India launched globally in September 2014 focused at invigorating the country’s manufacturing sector.
Make in India Week was organized by Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Government of India; Government of Maharashtra; and Confederation to enable discussions on innovation, design & sustainability and showcase the prowess of Indian Manufacturing Sector. A number of events were planned to enable this on the larger canvas of Manufacturing.
Key Goals were identified
- Promote Make in India Centre that showcased India’s most innovative products and manufacturing processes
- Promote State Investment & Sector Seminars by live tweeting the proceedings
- Promote associated events like CNN Asia Business Forum, Time India Awards, Driving Innovation: Hackathon etc.
- Reach out to the industry-at-large and sensitise them on the steps taken by the Government of India towards Ease of Doing Business
We approached the promotion of the event in multiple different phases. We planned out a strategy to create awareness about the event before the launch, covered each day of the campaign in real-time with live updates and phased into post-event promotion by engaging with the users to stay updated by following our social media pages.
A thorough background research was conducted on the focus sectors, participating nations, delegations and thematic seminars planned for the event. We identified key personalities, groups, and communities that we could leverage to promote the event digitally, primarily social media.
Our Social Media Team in Mumbai was stationed in the Make In India Centre at Bandra Kurla Complex from Feb 13 to Feb 18, 2016.
- All State Investment Seminars and Sectoral Seminars were live-tweeted
- Video bytes of key speakers were uploaded on a real-time basis
- Facebook/ Twitter Live was leveraged for the inauguration, PM Modi’s Visit and other key moments
- Highlights of each seminar were blogged about real-time
The performance of the Make in India Campaign was at an all- time high during the Make in India week with the key highlights being
- The hashtag #MakeInIndia trended over 6 days on Twitter continuously nationwide.
- Impressions were recorded across 102 countries
- Make In India Centre in Mumbai was visited by 890,000 visitors over the course of 6 days
- 65,000 people participated in the seminars
- 11,000+ companies from various sectors were present
- 215 companies exhibited their technological innovations
- 8,245 B2B, B2G & G2G meetings were conducted
- 1,245 national & international speakers
- 102 nations participated in the Make In India Week
- The event was able to garner over 15 lakh crores ofinvestment from organisations such as Mercedes, Mahindra & Mahindra, Sterlite, Godrej, Raymond Industries etc.